Dr. Hassan Pervez (Pervez, H) was interested in studying the cancer cell biology, treatment co-relates and applying these concepts through translational research, on clinic patients. The purpose is to improve patient care through clinical research.
Oncology Trends in Pakistan
Dr. Hassan Pervez has been working with different social groups and NGOs in Pakistan to explore the common cancers here. To elaborate the eitology of solid tumors and hemotoligical malignancies in Lahore. We need to cover vast grounds to look at the local risk factors (dietry, environmental, occupational & life style) which lead to such diseases.
Heriditary Cancer Syndromes
Dr. Hassan Pervez is interested to diagnose different cancers which run in families. Since we have cousin marriages here, such cancers are seen at a younger age and more aggressive course. These include breast cancers, ovarian cancer, colon cancer & leukemias.
Important Research Publications of Dr. Hassan Pervez
(Consultant Oncologist & Hematologist)
- Pervez H, Potti A, Mehdi S. Adjuvant Therapy of Colon Cancer in Idiopathic Leukopenia. Med Oncol. 2003;20(2):185-8.
- Pervez H, Sheikh M, Potti A, Mehdi A. Unusual Renal Masses: Primary Renal Lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 2003 Feb 1;21(3):567-9.
- Pervez H, Potti A, Mehdi S. Concomitant Bilateral Herpes Zoster Opthalmicus. Lancet Infect Dis. 2002 Nov;2(11):699.
- Pervez H. Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma, A Rare Disease. Abstract pub the proceed of 22nd Frank N. Low Research Day, UNDSOM, Grand Forks. April 18, 2002 (Page: 21)
- Koka V, Potti A, Forseen S, Pervez H, Koch M, Mehdi S, Levitt R. Role of HER-2/neu Over-expression and Clinical Determinants of Early Mortality in Glioblastoma Multiforme. Am J Clin Oncol. 2003 Aug;26(4):332-5.
- Pervez H, Potti A, Mehdi S. Atypical Presentation of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2003 Apr 1;21(7):1416-7
- Dunne W, Qureshi H, Pervez H, Nafzinger D. Staphylococcus epidermidis with Intermediate Resistance to Vancomycin: Elusive Phenotype or Laboratory Artifact? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2001; 33: 135-137
- Potti A, Forseen S, Koka V, Pervez H, Koch M, Mehdi S, Levitt R. Determination of HER-2/neu Overexpression and Clinical Predictors of Survival in a Cohort of 347 Patients with Primary Malignant Brain Tumors. Cancer Invest. 2004;22(4):537-44.
- Kannan R, Pervez H, Potti A, Mehdi S. Rare Occurance of Breast Metastases from Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Med Oncol. 2003;20(2):181-4.
- Pervez H. Osteoporosis-Facts You Need to Know. Medics International, Diabetes Issue, July 2002
- Ganti A, Potti A, Koka V, Pervez H, Mehdi S. Myeloproliferative Syndromes And The Associated Risk of Coronary Artery Disease. Thromb Res. 2003 May 1;110(2-3):83-6.
- Forseen S, Koka V, Potti A, Pervez H, Levitt R. Role of HER-2/NEU Overexpression and Clinical Determinants of Early Mortality in Glioblastoma Multiforme. Abstract pub in the proceed. of 22nd Frank N. Low Research Day, UNDSOM, 2002 (Page: 35)
- Jamil M, Pervez H. A Rare Cause of Chest Pain: Mediastinal Actinomycosis. Abstract published in the proceed of 22nd Frank N. Low Research Day, UNDSOM, 2002 (Page:40)
- Pugh TJ, Pervez H, McCrann K, Kane M, SchefterT. Combined Modality Treatment for Unresectable Cholangio-carcinoma. A Retrospective Single Institution Experience. Abstract, American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology [ASTRO] annual meetingat Boston, MA 2008
Journal of Clinical Oncology
American Society of Hematology
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Action of Smoking & Health
MEDLINE Search Engine
To control the symptoms bothering the patient is vital. This includes pain management, nutrition, breathing, fever, constipation, fatigue and any other related complication caused by the disease itself or its treatment. We have trained home hospice care nurses and physican assistants at our hospital, who provide such care to the patients at their homes.
Spirtual Care / Psycho Therapy
Patients have a strong belief in Allah. We help them to meditate and develop a releationship with GOD. This gives them internal strength and support to fight this disease. Reciting Quranic verses with them gives them a positive reinforcement in their struggle to beat this disease.
Adequate pain control is foremost for cancer patients. We have pain clinic and specialists to help the patients. We provide nerve blocks, norcotic analgesics, pain patches and related medications.